"Save Sack and Save, Tear Down Fouts"

James329

If that store made a better attempt to make itself not look like a horrible eyesore, I'd feel some sympathy about this. It's really gross to see on the freeway as an introduction to Denton and UNT.

I do hope that something is done to cater to the people who do shop there, though. Punish the company for clearly not giving a damn about their storefront. No reason to punish the customers and employees.

• Upvote 6

so the poor idiot student complaining about driving to Wal-Mart, hello Albertsons and Kroger on University are closer.

The place is a crap hole, now I think UNT should not ED it but the place is not the Taj Mahal of Grocery Stores

there is a Walmart on university at razor ranch as well. If I was a student still I would rather go to that Albertsons though.
  • Upvote 3

When I was an Hall Director for Mozart Square, i went over there all time out of convenience. It was dirty, and not well kept. It was old and unsightly. And, everytime I came off of 35 it was the gateway to the university. The ugliest yellow beacon i have ever laid my eyes on. I truly don't see a whole bunch of people missing that place.

• Upvote 4

If there was sufficient demand for a grocery store within walking distance to campus, there would already be a new one. That's how capitalism works. Markets adjust to meet demand. However, there isn't, and I see no reason to make a bunch of effort to save a store that for most people related to the University exists entirely as a nostalgic memento.

Take a bus. Take a shuttle. Get a ride.

Beautify the campus. They took down that God-awful Sig Ep Motel and made it a park. Sig Ep ended up with a beautiful house on Greek row, which adds to the overall appearance of the campus.

It all works out for the better. It was fun while it lasted, Sack n Save.

This 100 times over. I can't believe that property is even still there. Probably because of the uncertainty of the highway no developer has purchased it and recycled. People will find a place to buy their groceries.

• Upvote 2

If that store made a better attempt to make itself not look like a horrible eyesore, I'd feel some sympathy about this. It's really gross to see on the freeway as an introduction to Denton and UNT.

I do hope that something is done to cater to the people who do shop there, though. Punish the company for clearly not giving a damn about their storefront. No reason to punish the customers and employees.

Aldi's is chomping at the bit, I'm sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Greenspace across the street from Clark Hall between avenue C & the Super Pit was once a motel. Then, the SigEps bought it and had the only on-campus fraternity house (to my knowledge) for a long time. It was there when I was at Clark in 2001.

So that really was a motel when it was originally built? I always said it looked like one. My best friend at that time was in a band that was hired by the SigEps to play for their rush event. They had a large beverage can cooler/dispenser in their rec room which they filled with Old Milwakee. They bought the beer for 88c a six pack in Lake Dallas and sold it for 50 cents a can out of their can dispenser. They made a lot of money that night.

• Upvote 1