Brett Cox - Sachse

RVE

Leads 6A in passing and is currently unrated. I think we`re ok at QB for the next few years, just thought is was odd that his only offer is from Colgate.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2745177/brett-cox

Name Att Pct Yds TD/Int

B. Cox 95/143 66.4 1873 22/5

I don't know why anyone would think we are ok at QB the next few years. We have 1 QB that we know can play at the college level.

We should take at least 1, and I would take 2 QBs this class.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In my eyes, we have Williams and Means with potential. McNulty and Greer have been given their chance, so we need to constantly look for depth, upgrade in talent and players to push the current starters to greater heights or replace them due to the upgrade in talent. This young man better get contacted by us.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I don't care how good their roster looks, if a head coach isn't signing at least one solid QB recruit every season, they're failing. I'd much rather have a stable of guys that could start at most G6 programs across the country than try to count on one guy as your be-all, end-all and two-to-three spares backing him up.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

#1 QB passing yards division 6A (regular season) beating Allen’s Kyler Murray ! ! ! !

Selected All-District Quarterback

Regular Season Stats:

Yards 3,066

Passing TDs 32

Passing Yards/Game 306.6

8 out of 10 games with 3 or more passing TDs

2 games with 5 passing TDs

vs. Plano West (9/5/14)

448 Passing Yds

5 TDs Passing

132 Yds Rushing (10 carries)

1 Rushing TD

Are the coaches even signing a QB this year?

It's starting to look like we may sign Kevin Dillman. Dillman was once a 5-star qb on 247 and held offers from Auburn, Tennessee, Florida State, and Nebraska (where he originally committed). Dillman's stock sharply dropped after he was recovering from a torn achilles, did not camp this past summer, and was ultimately ruled ineligible for this past season (his senior year) as he transferred from La Mirada, California to Denton Guyer.

Nebraska parted ways with him and other schools have cooled on him for the reasons earlier mentioned and because schools have since picked up qb commits of their own. We offered recently and we appear to be his only committable offer at the moment. If he commits then we'll undoubtedly take him. If he doesn't then we won't take a high school qb this class. We never offered a high school qb this entire cycle before Dillman. We have a chance where a former 5-star qb with ideal measurables and arm strength might fall right into our lap, and that seems to be the only circumstance where we'd take a high school qb.

Pleassssseeee football baby Jesus we want Dillman. Billy, don't you think he could push day 1 on campus to be the starter if he can grasp the concepts of playbook?

Talent wise, he could because he'd come in and be bigger than our current qbs (6'4" and had a picture of him on twitter weighing 235 lbs) and he would have the strongest arm. However, he could really use a redshirt year because of all his circumstances.

I've been doing a lot of research on him lately. He started playing football in 6th grade in Sweden, started playing qb a little in 7th and 8th grade but there wasn't much passing, as it was pretty much take the snap and run. Then in 9th grade at La Mirada he played as a freshman some, got offered by UCLA, played a bunch of positions like kick returner (has a KO return for a TD at the beginning of his Soph highlights), defensive end, safety, and tight end as well as playing some qb. He got even more offers but was expected to have a breakout junior year. He was playing well but tore his Achilles midway through, but still became one of the top 5 or so qb prospects in the entire country. He transferred to Guyer last January, committed to Nebraska in April, but still wasn't fully recovered from the Achilles injury so he couldn't fully participate in spring drills and Shawn Robinson won the job. He already had a scholarship so he was set to play tight end/h-back in addition to spelling Robinson at qb as a senior, but the UIL ruled him ineligible.

Instead of transferring to Liberty Christian and playing he thought practicing with Guyer all year would better prepare him for D1 ball, and said he didn't like the completion level dropoff at Liberty Christian. He recovered from the Achilles and played all year for Guyer's JV, but then had his scholarship pulled as Nebraska got a new coach. His stock had dropped because of all the circumstances, and all those big time schools had their qb commits for the class, so now no one, as of yet, besides us has offered him. And there is belief that any other offers for him at this point would come at tight end.

He really hasn't played all that much qb, especially over here in the states. So he could really benefit from a redshirt year. Good news is, this kid apparently is very committed to football and has the desire to learn that a qb needs. Really hoping we get him.

Could potentially be a sneaky get, but definitely needs time to recover mentally and physically from a torn Achilles.

Curious: So if the term "he is offered by UNT" is used and he accepts, does that mean his first year of eligibility begins this year? Or could it also mean that he could be given a grayshirt (and therefore no eligibility is used)?

Hopefully that question makes sense. Essentially, that I'm wondering if they would give him 1-2 years to develop more.

Could potentially be a sneaky get, but definitely needs time to recover mentally and physically from a torn Achilles.

Curious: So if the term "he is offered by UNT" is used and he accepts, does that mean his first year of eligibility begins this year? Or could it also mean that he could be given a grayshirt (and therefore no eligibility is used)?

Hopefully that question makes sense. Essentially, that I'm wondering if they would give him 1-2 years to develop more.

If you're referring to Dillman, he's made a full recovery from his Achilles injury. He played all year for Guyer's JV team and would've played all year for their varsity if the UIL hadn't ruled him ineligible. That's not currently a factor for Dillman.

I would think a grayshirt is not a realistic option for Dillman. I would be stunned if that happened. It may not be a bad idea in theory, but I don't think you risk asking a kid like that to grayshirt. Especially if Houston does offer him and they say he won't have to grayshirt with them. Just bring him in, see how quickly he grasps the playbook, and likely redshirt him so he can get a handle on things and play a year of scout team to get him up to the speed of the game.