And this is not racist?

Just another ploy for him to seek votes. He sees his approval numbers shrinking, and he doesn't understand that all races are not happy with his performance.

Obama's approval ratings have been rising the past six months. He recently went over 50 percent. If current economic trends continue to November, the Republican nominee's going to have a hard time beating him.

(Obviously, they might not continue.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obama's approval ratings have been rising the past six months. He recently went over 50 percent. If current economic trends continue to November, the Republican nominee's going to have a hard time beating him.

So what does that have to do with his being racist?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm not sure what polls you're seeing, but all the ones I've seen show otherwise.

He was correcting Rudy's misinformation. Something we non-conservatives have to do a lot of around here.

Oh, so you're clearing up the conversations I've had with people who aren't happy with Obama? Thanks, I know I can count on you "non conservatives" to corect me.

• Upvote 2

Obama Launches African Americans For Obama

This is the most racist president.....ever! Can you imagine the outcry if a Republican, heck, even a Democrat running against obama, were to launch Caucasian Americans for Anybody But Obama?

The group is African Americans FOR Obama, not ONLY AFRICAN AMERICANS FOR OBAMA.

So, is it also your belief that the NAACP is a racist organization?

You know Phil, I am originally from east Texas (Longview) and I always find it both ironic and amusing anytime someone from the deep south & east Texas calls ANYONE racist.

I also found it ironic and amusing that middle class (and above) white families in the deep south and east Texas used to talk about African Americans as if they weren't really human. Yet they were more than happy to turn over child raising duties (the most important job in any family) to African American women.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I'm not sure what polls you're seeing

The ones that exist in reality

Oh, so you're clearing up the conversations I've had with people who aren't happy with Obama? Thanks, I know I can count on you "non conservatives" to corect me.

You stated polls, I don't care what your anecdotal evidence of Obama losing traction is.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You know Phil, I am originally from east Texas (Longview) and I always find it both ironic and amusing anytime someone from the deep south & east Texas calls ANYONE racist.

I also found it ironic and amusing that middle class (and above) white families in the deep south and east Texas used to talk about African Americans as if they weren't really human. Yet they were more than happy to turn over child raising duties (the most important job in any family) to African American women.

Longwiew? You redneck. What part of town? I lived around HWY 80 and Gilmer road.

if you only help and support one group of people based upon their race...isn't that racist?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

NAACP, racist? Absolutely not. And where did I mention NAACP. And you are correct. Unfortunately, many White Southerners did treat the blacks as you say. A very low point in American History. Did you see the movie, "Red Tails"? Very sad testimonial to how courageous black fighter pilots were treated during WWII.

To point, wouldn't you say that things have gotten better for African Americans over the past few decades? A long way to go, for sure. But do we need a president calling out all African Americans to vote for him? Why not "all Americans", black, white, hispanic, etc.?

For the record, as a very young teenager, I helped in Dad's hardware store after school and during the summer. Dad hired a young "negro" (yes, that's what we called blacks back in the '50's and '60's) to help around the store after school. After a while, his friends were amazed that dad allowed him to wait on customers and operate the cash register. We became best of friends, he went off to Prairie View to earn an engineering degree, and yours truly to North Texas State. He retired as the Texas Highway Dept District Manager For Jefferson County a few years ago. He was a very well respected person and by all accounts did a great job for the county. Last I saw of him was at my Dad's funeral two years ago. He still credits his personal success with the opportunity Dad gave him at the hardware store. Our whole family considers him a close friend and I know he feels the same way towards us. Sadly, for every good story there are many bad ones.

Did this SE Texas family have maids to raise the kids back in the day? No. Did we have house help to clean and iron? Yes. That's just the way it was back then. I'm just wondering how long all white Americans are going to shoulder the past errors that were made? Will we ever get over racism? It's a two way street and our president is not doing his part with his own blatant racist behavior.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 4

I'm not sure what polls you're seeing, but all the ones I've seen show otherwise.

Gallup, the primary poll that's been used to track presidential approval for decades:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

Obama hit a low of 38 percent in mid-October 2011 and has been on a clear upward trend since then, hitting 49 percent on Feb. 6-8, 2012.

As the economy has improved in recent months, Obama's approval rating has improved as well.

• Upvote 3

if you only help and support one group of people based upon their race...isn't that racist?

Groups form all the time around a common race, religion or ethnicity to work together. Is the League of Women Voters bigoted? How about AIPAC?

White people don't organize around their skin color, but they do around ethnicity and nationality all the time. Are the people who organize Columbus Day parades bigoted?

Am I bigoted for preferring Irish beer?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Groups form all the time around a common race, religion or ethnicity to work together. Is the League of Women Voters bigoted? How about AIPAC?

White people don't organize around their skin color, but they do around ethnicity and nationality all the time. Are the people who organize Columbus Day parades bigoted?

Am I bigoted for preferring Irish beer?

racism is not allowing people to participate or show a disallowment towards those that are not of a particular race...therefore, yes...i do believe it is racism. is it the same type of racism that some have had to endure throughout a lifetime due to stupidity??? no...but to say that i can't do something because i'm not of a certain race is racism.

• Upvote 1

He has got to go.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I'm just wondering how long all white Americans are going to shoulder the past errors that were made? Will we ever get over racism? It's a two way street and our president is not doing his part with his own blatant racist behavior.

For as long as they continue to indulge in blatant disrespectful behavior towards a President, who's probably the smartest one we've had since Clinton or Thomas Jefferson, and his only sin is the color of his skin.

African Americans for Obama is racist? I'm sorry but you're more reasonable than that.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6