North Texas Football 2011 Signing Class
Posted by gangrene , in Zach Whitfield, UNT Football Recruiting, UNT Football, North Texas Football, North Texas 2010-2011 Signing..., Nick Quartaro, Mike Canales, Michael Stojkovic, Micah Thompson, Marcus Smith, Laramie Lee, Laramie Lee, Kerry Swarn, Kerry Swarn, Kent Riddle, Kendrick Ruben, Justin Gaines, Josh Hunt, J.D. Harris, Jamone Greer, Jamone Greer, Grant Shaw, Freddie Warner, Freddie Warner, Emeka Okafor, Derek Akunne, Daryl Mason, Dan McCarney, Cyril Lemon, Cooper Jones, Clint Bowen, Chaz Sampson, Chad Polk, Brent Osborn, Brent Osborn, Austin Orr, Antoinne Jimmerson, Antoinne Jimmerson, Anthony Nelson, Andrew Power, Andrew Power, Andrew McNulty, Alex Lincoln 14 December 2010 · 703 views
north texas football mean green fans recruiting mean green committed to UNT unt dan mccarney unt football universty of north texas
A BIG GOMEANGREEN.COM WELCOME
TO ALL OF THE 2011 MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL SIGNEES!!
GMG Verbal Commitment Listing Updated 2.2.11 - (22) total
By Position: Offense: QB:3, RB:2, WR:1, TE:1, ATH:2, OL:3
Defense: DE:3, DT:2, LB:2, Safety: 2, Corner: 1
Players who signed at midterm are indicated by a *
1. Jamone Greer - CB, 5'11", 165 lbs, Kempner HS, Sugarland, TX - Coached by James Brown. Offers from North Texas and Utah State - Committed to North Texas - 7/26/10 - Really made a name for himself at the Under Armour Combine in Bryan Texas when he clocked a 4.45 shuttle, 7.18 L-cone drill and 4.53 40 along with a 34½-inch vertical. This performance led to interest from Utah, Texas A&M, Houston and TCU. Greer also picked off four passes in his junior season. As a senior in 2010 he returned two of his district best five interceptions for touchdowns. He also made 38 tackles. Kempner came up short in the playoffs against eventual state champion Pearland by a score of 28-13. Was a 1st Team 23-5A Zone A All District Selection his senior season.
Greer Combine Results
2. Derek Akunne LB, 5-11, 225, 4.5, North Garland HS, TX - Coached by David Farris. Offers from Colorado State, Air Force, Western Kentucky and North Texas - Was a 1st Team All District 10-5A Linebacker @North Garland in 2010. Was a 1st Team All District 10-5A Offensive Linemen @North Garland in 2009. As a junior, set a North Garland Record in the shot put as a junior and placed 15th in the state meet in Austin with a 47-11.00. Was listed #1 of players to watch in Dave Campbell's 2010 edition for North Garland. Ranked #4 in the State by Coach Scout. Committed to North Texas 12.18.10.
3. * Brent Osborn - pro-style QB, 6'4", 210 lbs, 4.74 40, Northwest JUCO, Senatobia, MS - Coached by Ricky Woods. Offers from Murray State and Tennessee-Martin (Visited UNT 12-17-10). Originally siogned with Georgia Southern and transferred to Northwest after a run oriented coaching change. Osborn finished the year completing 61.4 percent of his passes (181-of-295) for 2,014 yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs and a solid QB efficiency rating of 130.7. He threw for 200 yards or more in seven of the Rangers' 10 games, including a career-best 255 yards on 27-of-36 passing and two TDs in a 24-7 win over Southwest. Has three years of eligibility at North Texas. Signed and enrolled @North Texas
4. Cooper Jones - pro-style QB, 6'5", 200 lbs, 4.8 40, Lone Oak HS, TX - Coached by Dean Lasseter, Dave Campbell's Texas Football 2010 Top 20 QB. Rivals ratings - 3 stars/5.5 rating. Offers from North Texas, Southeastern Oklahoma State, Air Force and Stephen F. Austin. Jones had 39 touchdowns this season and earned most valuable player honors on the All-District 6-2A football team. He ran for 356 yards and six touchdowns on 82 carries, threw for 2,418 yards, completing 152 of 247 attempts, plus caught eight passes for 171 yards and four more scores. He led the 11-1 Buffaloes to district and area titles. Committed to North Texas
5. Andrew McNulty - pro-style QB, 6'2", 205 lbs, Iowa City HS, IA - Coached by Dan Sabers. Had interest from Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa. McNulty did not play QB until his senior season as he backed up eventual Iowa signee AJ Derby. His father, Jim McNulty, was a wide receiver at Iowa, where he played with Dan McCarney. His brother Ted McNulty plays tight end for Kansas. McNulty was an all state selection at QB but was also an outstanding safety in his junior year. Committed to North Texas - 1/14/11
Getting Looks from Iowa
Link to McNulty Video 1
Link to McNulty Video 2
6. Micah Thompson - DT, 6-5, 300, Jones High/OK - Coached by Dave Martin. According to Rivals was offered by Tulsa and had interest from OSU. 78 tackles, eight sacks, forced three fumbles as a senior. In his high school career, he had a total of 180 tackles, 20 sacks, seven forced fumbles and two interceptions as a four year letterwinnner in football. 48 tackles in his junior season. Jones reached the second round of the playoffs, losing in overtime to Davis. An Oklahoma Coaches Association 2010 All State Selection at defensive tackle. Committed to North Texas - 1/16/11
7. Grant Shaw - OL, 6-5, 285, Forney HS - Coached by Kevin Rush. A 1st team 15-4A All District Selection in 2010 and a 2nd team selection as a junior. Outstanding basketball player. Committed to to North Texas - 1/17/11
8. *Andrew Power - Arizona Western CC, 6-5, 265, 4.65 - Coached by Tom Minnick. Offers from Memphis, Nevada, UTAH State and UNT OFFER Originally COMMITTED TO TENNESSEE. Rivals ratings - 3 stars/5.6. De-committed from Tennessee, North Texas is back in the picture. - 1.17.11 Signed and enrolled @North Texas
9. * Michael Stojkovic (pronounced STOCK O VICk), LB/Safety/ATH, 6-2, 215, 4.6, ValleyForge Prep/Katy HS - Coached by Glen Foley. A quarterback at Katy who spent a year at Valley Forge and was converted to an outside linebacker. 375 bench press, 4.3 shuttle, 32 inch vertical jump. Recruited by Coach Anthony Weaver. Signed and enrolled at North Texas 1.18.10
10. Kerry Swarn, Safety, 6-2, 190, Dallas Lincoln - Coached by James Argenti. Decommitment from Arizona, recruited by North Texas assistant Justin Gaines. 3-star ranking on Rivals. Committed to North Texas 1.20.11
11. Daryl Mason - Defensive End, 6-4, 225, Rowlett HS - Coached by Kiff Hardin. Offers from Colorado and Memphis. 2nd Team 10-5A All District Selection at defensive end. Late bloomer who moved from linebacker to defensive end in his senior season. Committed to North Texas 1.20.11
12. Austin Orr- SDE, 6'4", 245 lbs, 4.9 40, Clear Lake HS, Seabrook, TX - Coached by Troy Aduddell. Offers from New Mexico State, Montana State and Texas State. Was a 1st team 24-5A All District selection at defensive end. Fans saw Orr at the UNT banquet and were impressed with his size. Committed to North Texas on Banquet Weekend 1.22.11
13. Zach Whitfield - RB, 5-11, 200, 4.49, Sherman HS TX - Coached by Gary Kinne. 1st Team 9-4A Selection. Had interest from Tennessee after his junior season and offers from NMSU and Sam Houston. Explosive speed and a terrific receiver out of the backfield. In 2009 (his junior year):108 carries, 1119 yards (10.4 yard per carry average); 12 TDs rushing, 24 receptions for 332 yards, 1 TD reception. In 2010 (his senior year): 119 carries, 846 yards (7.11 yard per carry average); 18 TDs rushing, 28 receptions for 244 yards, 2 TDs. Committed to North Texas on Banquet Weekend 1.22.11
14. Alex Lincoln (Scout Profile) - DE, 6-4, 255, 4.9, Cibolo HS TX - Coached by Mike Jinks. Played end in his senior season but could project to be a defensive tackle with his frame. Scout indicates that he will benefit from technique enhancements and coaching but huge upside. A big part of Cibolo's State Championship run which culminated in a win over Denton Guyer. Offered by Wyoming, Utah State and UNLV. Committed to North Texas on 1.24.11
15. Terell Brooks - DT - 6-4, 294, 4.83, Duncanville HS TX - Coached by Jeff Dicus. Had offers from Arkansas, Oklahoma State and SMU. Should challenge for an immediate starting spot. Teammate of OLB Josh Hunt. Cited McCarney's ability as a defensive line coach as one of the primary reasons he chose North Texas. Named MVP of National Underclassmen Combine. Committed to North Texas on 1.25.11
Brooks Scouting Video
16. Antoinne Jimmerson - RB - 5-9, 192, 4.5 - DeSoto HS, TX - Coached by Claude Mathis. Ran for 700 yards in a primarily pass oriented offense. Had an official visit to Iowa. Committed to North Texas on 1.27.11
17. Freddie Warner- CB - 5-10, 176, 4.5 - Pinkston (Dallas) HS - Coached by Gerald Jones. As a junior, Warner had 61 rushes for 393 yards and 6 touchdowns; 22 receptions for 365 yards and 4 touchdowns; and he also scored 13 touchdowns overall. As junior Warner was named first team all 11-4A District on offense, defense, special teams player of the year and utility player of the year. As a senior he was 1st team defense as a defensive back, utility player of the year and and special teams player of the year. Verbaled to Texas Tech in June of 2010 and changed his mind after the coach recruiting him (Defensive Back Coach Travaris Robinson) left to go to Florida. Also had offers from Colorado State and UTEP prior to commiting to Texas Tech. Warner was recruited to North Texas by Coach Justin Gaines. Committed to North Texas on 1.30.11
18. Laramie Lee - ATH - 5-10, 180, 4.5 - Chapel Hill HS (East Texas) - Coached by Thomas Sitton. 2010 District 17-3A All-District Team MVP, All State 3A recognition. Lee recorded 178-Tackles, 13-TFL, 6-Sacks, 5-PBU, 10-Caused Fumbles, 4-Recovered Fumbles and 3-Interceptions on defense, and ran for 1,443-yards on 163-carries and 23-TD's along with 15-catches for 212-yards and 1-TD on offense.
Perhaps the best linebacker in East Texas. Committed to North Texas 1.30.11
Lee Video Link
19. Chaz Sampson - WR, 6'5", 185 lbs., Timberview HS, Mansfield, TX - Coached by Mark Walker. Offers from Pittsburg, Tulsa and UTEP. Had previously committed to Tulsa. A 2nd Team All District rated No. 93 in The Dallas Morning News' Area Top 100 list. Committed to North Texas - 1/31/11
Photo Courtesy NextLevelAthlete.com
20. Cyril Lemon - OL, 6-3, 315 - Marble Falls HS - Coached by Kyle Futrell. Offers from Missouri, Houston, La. Tech, Rice, Florida International, New Mexico State. All-District 25-4A selection and second Team All-Centex (Austin American-Statesman), 58 knockdowns in 2010. Projected as a tackle. Committed to North Texas 2.1.11
Lemon Powerlifting Article
Photo Courtesy Jennifer Fierro of The Daily Tribune.
21. Chad Polk - LB, 6-0, 210, 4.6 - Woodrow Wilson HS - Coached by Bobby Estes. As a senior, Polk had 98 tackles, 14 sacks and two forced fumbles in the regular season and earned first-team All-District 12-4A honors. Polk started all four years he played at Woodrow Wilson. Was an Honorable Mention AP All State Selection at linebacker. Offers from Baylor and Sam Houston. Committed to North Texas 2.1.11
22. Travis Ellard - OL, 6-4, 275 - Deer Park HS - Coached by Chris Massey. Ellard was a Unanimous 1st Team All District 22-5A Selection at Tackle. Good size now but a frame that could be even bigger.
CLICK HERE TO TALK ABOUT THIS CLASS AND MORE IN THE GOMEANGREEN.COM FOOTBALL RECRUITING FORUM!!